martes, 14 de noviembre de 2017

Negative adverbs and syntax



 

Negative adverbs: never, seldom ever, barely, hardly, rarely, not only, nor, nowhere. Estos adverbios pueden abrir una frase para dar énfasis, y en ese caso se invierte el orden como si fuese pregunta:

I seldom work on Sundays / Seldom do I work on Sundays

She will never do that again / Never will she do that again

You will find this nowhere else / Nowhere else will you find this

I seldom visited her in those days / Seldom did I visit her in those days

We rarely drink after six / Rarely do we drink after six.

He insulted me and also took my car / Not only did he insult me, he also took my car.

 

Ejemplo con nor, tampoco:

But there was no evidence that it set off hormonal changes. Nor did the researchers find evidence of toxicity.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario