martes, 29 de agosto de 2017

Speaking of which...




Which se refiere siempre a objetos inanimados o animales: The car which he saw, was blue. Which dog would you choose?
Antiguamente which también se refería a personas pero ahora ese uso se considera de baja estofa y dialectal. No lo emplee.
It rained all day during which time I studied for my exam.
He kept asking questions, which kept me from concentrating on my work.
Money? Speaking of which, may I have mine back?

Para referirse a personas emplearemos who: The man who married my sister is a blowhard. People who speak English can read Dickens in the original.
En preguntas, cuando who es el sujeto de la oración, no emplearemos el auxiliar do: Who ate the cake?Who came in late?
El que, la que, los que, las que… se traduce por he who, she who, those who, etc. Those who exercise live longer. He who studies, learns.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario