jueves, 30 de julio de 2020

Language at its worst.



LinkedIn shows language at its worst, and no one is doing anything about it. With no Manual of Style in either English or Spanish, it has become a language cesspool. Recently I wrote the following which immediately had 170 views but only 3 "likes."
"My remarks may often picture me as a naysayer or faultfinder, but I am simply trying to make people realize that grammar, punctuation, word order and clarity matter. These are relaxed times, I know, but the way we wrap up our thoughts says a lot about ourselves, and I notice that plenty who “publish” in LinkedIn do not seem to care. Please, have a heart and respect readers. And those working at LinkedIn are the worst, the real culprits. I am chagrined to have to write this."

2 comentarios:

  1. I totally agree with you, Mr Carbonell! Aspects like punctuation marks, grammar and word order are so important to give coherence to any text that everybody has to take them into account while writing (it doesn't matter the language).
    Thank you so much.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you for taking the trouble of writing. I appreciate it.

      Eliminar