lunes, 3 de junio de 2019

Are you a professional or an amateur language student?

War of Art.jpg
Steven Pressfield, in his "The War of Art", which I recommend, explains what a pro is. Allow me to paraphrase:
A pro is he who shows up every morning, the person we can always count on, the man or woman who is reliable, who never waivers or falters. A pro is a professional, the opposite of slacker, incompetent, amateur, clumsy, inept, inexperienced... a dabbler who works at anything in an irregular or  superficial manner.
I am a professional student of Spanish, English, French, German, Valenciano... and not a day goes by without studying and learning something in these languages. I have not mastered them well, and never will, I know, but I will keep on trying, till the day I die. I am a professional. I am a pro. A serious student. I make no excuses about lack of time, about traffic, lack of money, my job, my family, parking spaces...
Do you take your language-study seriously?   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario