jueves, 14 de octubre de 2021

DR. ALEXANDER ARGÜELLES AND LANGUAGE LEARNING



Dr. Alexander Argüelles is a polyglot who speaks 100 languages. He holds a Ph.D. from Chicago and explains on YouTube his modus operandi in language learning. He invests (or invested) 16 hours a day, seven days a week, studying Chinese, Arabic, Hindi, Farsi, Korean, Turkish, Irish (?), Greek, Latin, Finish, Russian at the same time. He has (had) time to interact with his two children, cook, go to church, go for runs, and chit-chat with his wife. Dr. Argüelles makes me feel (pardon my French) like an intellectual piece of shit. After a lifetime of working on my English and Spanish, I am having a hell of a time trying to put together a phraseological dictionary in both languages. The amount, and diversity, of idioms, are truly daunting. I am ready to quit and throw in the towel just about every day, but Dr. Argüelles seems to have no problems mastering and using all those diverse languages. He has many balls (languages) in the air, and I can hardly cope with two. When God dished out intelligence to people, I got the short end of the stick... or did I? Perhaps Dr. Argüelle´s idea of "speaking" a language differs from mine. Perhaps not. Who knows. But do watch his chats on YouTube. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario