martes, 11 de abril de 2023

FERNANDO SÁNCHEZ DRAGÓ



Fernando Sánchez Dragó (1936-2023) invited me several times to his Telemadrid "Las Noches Blancas" program to talk about lexicography and my dictionaries. He was the perfect television and literary host. He read thoroughly the books he would talk about and researched the authors. A cursory peep at YouTube will show the hundreds of interviews he made during his TV career.  He was also a prolific writer and a controversial persona. He favored me with a Prologue to my Gramática inglesa (Anaya, 2015), as well as with his friendship. He died yesterday and with him disappeared a controversial, prolific, and outspoken person. Somehow -don´t ask me why- I feel I must mention his passing in this Blog.    

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario