martes, 13 de septiembre de 2022

ESPERANTO



When I was in College I had a limitless thirst for learning languages on my own and I dabbled in some: Arabic, Swahili, Esperanto... and bought a well-written textbook through which I learnt basic grammar in 5 hours. Yes, Esperanto grammar can be learnt in five hours. I did. But I lost interest because at that time, in Pittsburgh, I could practice with no one. Dr. L.L. Zamenhof, an Ophthalmologist from Warsaw, was the creator of Esperanto. Other artificial languages have been set forth with limited success, but this one has not acquired the influence it should have. Listening to people grapple and suffer with English, it would seem that for limited communication purposes Esperanto would do better. English is much too complicated for the brains of politicians, sportspeople, businessmen, bloggers, Instagrammers, and travelers... so, why hasn´t Esperanto caught on? Beats me! Mi pensas, ke provu revivigi Esperanton! It is worth another try.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario