jueves, 31 de agosto de 2023

ON THE 15-MINUTE-A-DAY METHOD



I have been advocating the 15-minute-a-day method for language learning for years and am still backing it. As a matter of fact, only yesterday I suggested a student of mine try it. At first glance, it appears to be an easy task to take on but difficult to adhere to because this method, which totals 91 hours of study yearly, puts the student´s character to the test. It boils down to focusing on language study for fifteen minutes every day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. I have challenged many of my students to do it, only to find that not one has been able to pursue this method for more than a month. Out of 24 hours, it would seem easy to set apart 15 minutes daily to accomplish a given task, but it isn´t. Given the nature of the brain, rituals are welcome but end up becoming boring, and boredom kills learning. I have not solved this drawback or glitch in the system, but I still believe in the 15-minute-a-day method for language learning and I am still giving the matter much thought.      

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario