domingo, 2 de julio de 2023

SAM DAN, A TRIBUTE



Of late, I have fallen into the habit of listening to the radio, late in the day, in bed, in the dark of my room. And I have become addicted to the CBS Mystery Radio Programs of old. Most of them are hosted by the actor E.G. Marshall (look him up) and mostly written by Sam Dan (1918-2004), a scriptwriter and novelist, and professor at Tisch School of the Arts, New York University. I listen attentively to the plot, the dialog, the presentation... and every time I close my eyes in awe at these small gems of art, of writing at its best. I urge all those trying to master the English language, to listen to these radio cameos. You will be instructed, entertained, and will hear good educated English at the same time. This is a small tribute to Sam Dan, a true writer and master of the technique of short writing.         

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario