jueves, 3 de septiembre de 2020

Language morons

Figures of speech- Oxymoron - eAge Tutor

I was "alone together" with this moronic friend of mine, near a "small crowd" of "walking dead" people, when he showed me an "original copy" of a painting of a "painfully beautiful" young woman. It was a "bitter-weet" experience for me. It is an "open secret" that my friend  also has a "passive-aggresive"  personality. I was "clearly confused" and said nothing. In the "deafening silence" I tried to "act naturally" but I had an "only choice": to run.

The words in quotes are oxymorons: two contradictory words appear together, like the examples above and:

Big baby
Clearly confused
The same difference
Growing smaller
Random order 
True myth

Y como en todas partes cuecen habas, el castellano también tiene oximorones:
Ciencias ocultas
Sociedad unipersonal
Muertos vivientes
Calma tensa
Copia original 
Niño grande
Altibajos
Vaivén 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario