martes, 28 de marzo de 2023

KILLINGS IN NASHVILLE



Few can doubt my partiality to the US, and  I yield to no one in my love for the country. I am sold on the US and  the US I used to know, the US I grew up in and was educated at. Hearing about the recent news about the killings of children in Nashville, I shake my head and think that something is wrong, deeply wrong about the New US., the New United States of America, the former land of the free and the home of the brave. It is an isolated case, but there are too many "isolated cases" for our own good. Is it the educational system? Is it society? Have the values of old gone to pot? Of course, I do not know, but I know that I am deeply chagrined and sad. Europeans look in perplexity and wonder. And Spaniards ask me, heavens, why, and I do not know what to say. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario