domingo, 13 de diciembre de 2020

NETFLIX "SUITS" and INFORMAL LANGUAGE



I previously wrote about the incorrect grammar used by the high-flying lawyers of a top law firm in New York, in the NETFLIX series SUITS. This firm only hires Harvard law graduates, and it is suggested that other law schools are below them. My experience with lawyers and judges has been sad but still, I enjoyed the series. Nevertheless, I was stunned not only by the faulty grammar used by these "lawyers" but also by their language: "Put your shit together." "This is bullshit. "You little piece of shit." "Shove it up your ass." "You fucking know..." "Fuck you." "Asshole..." and many more unconventional expressions that can be found in any slang dictionary, including my own "An English and Spanish Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional Language." 

My only objection is that I cannot believe that such high-class lawyers could ever utter such language, including judges, prosecutors, and even women, who are not prone to gross language. Louis Litt, one of the attorneys, and the funniest and best actor takes the cake badmouthing everyone within reach  




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario