martes, 26 de diciembre de 2023

CORRECTIONS VS SUGGESTIONS



When I am handed a text to correct, I suggest necessary changes and never make corrections. My policy is to "suggest" possible improvements instead of "correcting" a given text's original wording, syntax, or grammar. I only correct my students, who expect me to do so, because in the classroom I must insist on eradicating faulty speech to improve it. In social settings, outside of the classroom, I never correct because that would be bad manners, and remember that nobody likes to be corrected in public. In a nutshell: in social settings do not correct. "Suggest" alternatives on a given text. In class, correct at your heart´s content and never let an error go by without pointing it out.    

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario