viernes, 22 de diciembre de 2023

DÍA DE MI SANTO



I am not particularly religious, but old traditions and teachings tend to linger in the recesses of our minds since early childhood and endure indefinitely. This is true for the"día de mi santo," which falls on the 24th of December—St. Delfín, a French saint in the Catholic Church, circa 400, was also a martyr and holy man. I celebrate this day like most Catholics in the Spanish-speaking world because it is also "Noche Buena" or Christmas Eve. After all, my given name, or font name, or Christian name is Delfin. In the English language, we would probably refer to this day as my "Feast Day" or "Saint's Day." It's nothing extraordinary, but I make a big fanfare about it mainly because this custom is going out of style, though it has not disappeared completely. Only one friend called me to congratulate me ('felicitarme') on my Santo, and she passed away this year. When is your "Santo." Do you know?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario