sábado, 16 de diciembre de 2023

DALE CARNEGIE AND PROVERBS



Rearranging my books -again- I have come across Dale Carnegie´s How to Stop Worrying and Start Living, a book I purchased on 06/03/1986 (I kept the sales slip!). Flipping its pages, I come across this about proverbs: "If we only applied proverbs -instead of snorting at them- we wouldn´t need this book at all. In fact, if we applied most of the old proverbs, we would lead almost perfect lives." So here:
-- Don´t sell the skin till you have caught the bear.
-- Don´t cry over spilt milk.
-- Don´t look a gift horse in the mouth.
-- Curiosity killed the cat.
-- Don´t wash your dirty linen in public.
-- The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
-- More haste, less speed.
-- You´ve got to be cruel to be kind.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario