lunes, 8 de abril de 2024

DAVID HUME, MY HERO



Today I needed reason, objectiveness, clear thinking, rationality... ideas I could hold on to to make it through the week. I rushed to dust off my two-volume edition of David Hume´s A Treatise of Human Nature, (Everyman's, 1974) which I bought in 1976, 48 years ago! Although the edition is in pretty good shape, I must be getting on in years. You have no idea the amount of underlining, highlighting, and marginalia I have found. I don´t have to reread the whole work again. The notes I took 48 years ago will keep me in good stead now. I am glad I was a prolific glosser of the books I read. I will now extract and offer some of his philosophical pearls in time. The study of philosophy and the study of language go hand in hand.      

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario