jueves, 25 de abril de 2024

Dr. DANIEL DENNETT



 I minored in Philosophy at Duquesne University because it would help me in my studies in linguistics. Language and philosophy are intimately intertwined. I continue reading philosophy and keep a keen interest in its developments. A few years ago I discovered Dr. Daniel Dennet (1942-2024) Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University and a clear thinker and easy-to-understand speaker. His book on Darwin, Darwin's Dangerous Idea, impressed me and cemented my belief in the evolution of language. The other day I was listening to some of his provocative ideas on YouTube when I discovered he had just passed away, on the 19th of April, 2024. Read his books and listen to elegantly pronounced English on the Internet. You will thank me for it, I am sure.        

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario