viernes, 17 de abril de 2020

Verbs and the Trinity - Spanish & English


It always jolts me when I perceive that a a student does not grab the meaning of the personal pronouns and verbs. Aware of this I try to simplify what I think is simple enough. Let me give it a try:
Spanish has 3 persons:
First Person: Yo hablo (The speaker)
Second Person: Tú hablas (The listener)
Third Person: Él, ella, usted habla (The person ot thing we talk about)

And that is all there is to it. The Trinity, thre persons.

These three persons have plurals:
First Person Plural: Nosotros hablamos
Second Person Plural: Vosotros habláis (In parts of Spain)
Third Person Plural: Ellos, ellas, ustedes hablan. (Or hablaron, hablaban, hablarán...)

Notice that in the Third Person, singular and plural, the difference is an "n".

English is the same Trinity as Spanish, except that the difference between the Third Person, singular and plural, the is an "s".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario