lunes, 16 de enero de 2023

PRONOMINAL VS REFLEXIVE SPANISH VERBS


 

What if I told you that many teachers of Spanish confuse the -se of verbs like aburrirse, lavarse, peinarse, casarse, arrepentirse, simply because they end in -se and use the pronouns me, te, see, nos, osse, explaining that they are all reflexive verbs, thus creating confusion among learner? 

REFLEXIVE VERBS: The verb's action goes back to the doer, using the reflexive pronouns me, te, se, nos, os, se: Lavo el coche, but me lavo: I wash myself. Peinarse, lavarse, cortarse, are  such verbs. 

PRONOMINAL VERBS: Use the personal pronouns me, te, se, nos, os, se, in their conjugation: arrepentirse, casarse, quejarse, jactarse, but the action does not boomerang back to the doer. Me caso el mes que viene, I will get married next month. Pronominal means they use pronouns. Casar means to match, casarse means to get married. Despedir, to fire, despedirse, say goodbye. Acostar, put to bed, acostarse, go to bed.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario