jueves, 28 de septiembre de 2023

MISTAKE

 


Be mistaken Estar equivocado (confundido)

I´m afraid you are mistaken Me temo que está usted equivocado

“You are mistaken, and so you´ll find out in a Anthony Trollop, The Way we Live Now, 1975. US.

By mistake Sin querer, por equivocación (error), por descuido

I broke the vase by mistake Rompí el jarrón sin querer

“… it may be recovered by the bank from the person to whom it was paid by mistake.” Antonio Viray, Handbook on Bank Deposists, 1977. US.

Do not mistake me! ¡No te equivoques conmigo! ¡No me interpretes mal!

I´m no fool, Mr. Smith. Do not mistake me No soy tonto, Sr. Smith. No se equivoque conmigo

“To me, she was in the place of a parent. Do not mistake me, however. I am not saying that…” Tony Tanner, Jane Austen, 1986. US.

Make a mistake Cometer un error

You have made a mistake again Has cometido un error de nuevo

“I have made a mistake. I believed that a certain person felt something for me…” J.P. Cherry, The Dream Game, 2006. US.

Make no mistake about it Con toda seguridad, sin duda, no te confundas

You are going to fail Biology, and make no mistake about it Vas a suspender biología, sin duda

“Make no mistake about it – the target is you!” A. Warren Littman, Administration of the Internal Security Act.., 1975. US.

Mistake someone (something) for Tomar (confundir) a alguien (algo) por

Sorry, I mistook you for a rabbit Lo siento, te tomé por un conejo

“I mistook you for a sailor because you were working…” Roger Spiller, An Instinct for War…, 2009. US.

We all make mistakes (averybody makes mistakes) El que tiene boca, se equivoca, todos nos equivocamos

Don’t worry, we all make mistakes No te preocupes porque el que tiene boca, se equivoca

“We all make mistakes, but each errs in his own way.” Maynard Solomon, Beethoven Essays, 1988. US.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario