miércoles, 26 de junio de 2024

RAFAEL DUMETT IN MADRID



Yesterday in Madrid, weathering on our way a shocking rain and hailstorm, unusual in the city, my daughter Laura Carbonell and I attended a book presentation in Librería Rafael Alberti, in calle del Tutor. Laura has been telling me about Mr. Rafael Dumett ("Rafa") for years, so it was a real pleasure to finally meet him. He presented his latest book El camarada Jorge y el dragón, published by Alfaguara this year. I have attended many book presentations in my time, in Spain and in the States -always boring and long- and I was pleasantly surprised to witness  and enjoy a chatty, informative, and interesting colloquy on his book and Eudocio Ravines, the true-to-life hero of the book. I am now on page 50, enough to value the novel as a page-turner and which I venture to recommend to all those who like literature and wish to improve their contemporary and actual Spanish. Rafael Dumett is also the author of the wonderful thriller El espía del Inca
Rafael Dumett, thank you for coming to Madrid and for your wonderful novel. Keep it up (I know you will.)          

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario