domingo, 28 de julio de 2024

LEARNING NEW PHRASES IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH



It's my lucky day today. I have killed two birds with one stone and have added two phrases to my dictionary. I did not know that those people who spy on us behind the curtains of their windows are curtain twitchers. I knew of them but ignored they had a label. I then discovered that those who snoop behind "visillos" in Spain are viejas del visillo. Fancy that. Now I know that when walking down a lonely street and I feel two eyes on me, peeking behind a curtain, there's a curtain twitcher or viejo de los visillos spying. Then I will stop, look up, and give them the finger! (A tip of the hat to my daughter Laura Lynn for providing the information she gathered at a hen party in Madrid.)  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario