jueves, 25 de julio de 2024

SCIENTIFIC LANGUAGE JOURNALS AND JARGON


Today I was abulic and aimless and sat twiddling my thumbs when I heard I had a new e-mail in my inbox. It was from a Language Journal asking me whether I would consider reading an article and giving my thoughts about its possible publication. I opened the attachment to read: 

Abstract. The purpose of the research is to study ... axiological phraseological units from the point of view of linguoculturology in the context of intercultural communication.

That whetted my interest and I read:

The article presents a linguoculturological analysis of ... axiological phraseological units; the parameters of the description of axiological phraseological units are highlighted; the components of ... axiological phraseological units with value and anti-value meaning are revealed; the definition of the axiological vector of phraseologism is given. 

I read further that:

Values and anti-values are represented by axiological phraseological units, the cultural background of which is manifested through the specifics of the culture and traditions of the people, through cultural memory contained in the semantics of the components of phraseological units, through which a holistic image is created.

I stopped at the Abstract and went no further. I declined to read the article and made no comments. 



   

1 comentario: