jueves, 20 de enero de 2022

THE BEST IS THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD






This phrase is very dear to me, especially because, being a perfectionist, a nit-picker, I am forever editing, polishing, rewriting... never happy with what I am writing. In my quest for the "best", I forget the "good", often ruining it. Indeed "the best is the enemy of the good" which in Spanish is "lo mejor es enemigo de lo bueno." 
Charles Wheeler tells us: “…I offered a rookie reporter this sage advice: The best is the enemy of the good”, 1993. 
En su Curso de economía, 1992, Ramón Tamames escribe "También se sintetiza con el eslogan lo óptimo es enemigo de lo mejor (en contra de la obsoleta máxima hispana de que lo mejor es enemigo de lo bueno).” ¿Obsoleta? Qizá en España.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario